Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by RufusG
If I only had one good hand I think I'd stick with a semiauto with a big magazine, and hopefully that would minimize if not eliminate the need for any manipulations.

I must be missing something because I completely agree with Rufus. Don't see how a revolver solves any problem here. Actually the semiauto with a double stack mag makes more sense than ever if you're limited on reload ability and one hand use, outside of the possibility of clearing a jam. I'd Glock it but that's just me. Your decision certainly.

I understand why you are perplexed.

However, I have NO strength in my left arm and wrist. I can hardly use my left hand at all. The slightest stress in any in any direction is excruciatingly painful in my shoulder, elbow and wrist joints.

I cannot pull the slide back to chamber a round in my semi-autos--even here at home. I cannot load the magazines with ammo, even with the help of a Super Thumb or an UpLULA. I can drop cartridges into the chambers of a revolver.

I can even use speed-loaders to drop in 6 at a time, I'm not fast, but I can can at least load and reload a revolver without being dependent on someone to fill the magazines for me and cycle the first round into an empty chamber.

It has been like this for four months now. Regular physical therapy is helping restore some of the range of motion, but the doctors tell me it's not going to get appreciably better for a while.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...