Although i don't make it a habit i don't hesitate to pee out of the stand should the need arise. The movement that you make while trying to pee or some other odor that's on you will scare the deer faster than the urine smell will. Urine is urine and i personally don't think it's the sound it makes hitting the ground but the smell that strikes their curiosity, especially bucks. Now i wouldn't never ever take a dump anywhere near my hunting sight as that's a whole different smell lol.

Here's a test that i've tried many times, find a scrape during pre rut or better yet make a false scrape and pee in it and i'll promise you when you come back in a day or so that it has been visited. I use to hold it and make sure i never peed anywhere near my hunting area until an old local guy told me otherwise. He's actually the one that told me to pee in a scrape when i came across one or make a false one and see what happened so i did. I thought he was crazy but he wasn't and he has harvested a ton of deer and some really nice bucks to boot.

Having said that, now i don't go around peeing everywhere that i hunt but if by chance i have to pee while i'm hunting i don't hesitate to do so and i don't worry about it scaring the deer away because in my experience it won't. Like i said, urine is urine and every animal pees in the woods including me smile.

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!