Originally Posted by wldthg
Shaman---- ??????? ya really got me mixed up here... ya talk about being swarmed with deer after a whizz--- shooting deer after taking a dump ---- then posting about making yourself sorta scent free in a Baking Soda topic.. Listen to Blackheart in your Baking Soda one. ---- As Bob Dylan said---- " The answer my friend is blowin in the wind "

I stand by what I say about baking soda. It really does help. Remember, this is cutting down mostly on pit-stink and things like laundry detergent scents and other unnatural aromas. There may be a difference between that and the more natural scents. I know there are some guys that pee in buck scrapes and claim deer can't tell the difference.

Whizzing? Look I can't figure out why I see so many deer when heeding the Call of Nature, but I also can't discount it. Back at D&DH we'd have discussions like this that would sometime stretch years. There were guys who brought P-bottles to the stand, and some guys who whizzed right over the rail. Some fellows like me, have had an extraordinary number of deer encounters with our flies unzipped or our pants around our ankle. I've seen a doe roll in fresh urine. I've copped a squat and come up with 5 deer watching me with rapt attention. They ran off, but they came back 10 minutes later when I was back in my ground blind and I managed to shoot the buck trailing the rest of them.

I'm just wondering if the sound of liquid falling is somehow attractive or something else.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer