Originally Posted by Poconojack

Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Hard to believe that all original, high condition M70’s are being found this frequently for these prices. I do acknowledge that it does happen occasionally tho.

I hear you, but some folks Hawk the stores pretty good. My local bait and bullet store usually sells rifles much less than I see on GunBroker, when I can catch them.

Again, I agree that it does happen on occasion, but in my admittedly limited experience no one makes a habit of selling old Winchesters below fair market value, just don’t see it.

The secret is not just keeping an eye on your favorite hole in the wall gunshop 2 blocks from your house. You got to always be looking for the deals. Eventually and frequently youll run across some damn good money makers. Im not going to tell you how much i made on the transition 375 WBY that i bought for $600.00, but lets just say it wasnt bad. The funny thing about that rifle was my buddy told me i was out of my mind for paying that much for that old re-chambered rifle. Now the corksucker wants to buy a beautifully engraved pre 64 model 70 375H&H that we found last month for $1,100.00. I told him its not worth it because theres too many things unoriginal about the rifle. Stock has a carving on it of a grizzly, floor plate has a silver inlay of a bighorn ram and the receiver used to be drilled on the side where its been filled nicely, but i can still see it. Rifle supposedly came from AK, but theres no documentation of who did all the custom work. Is it worth $1,100.00? Not to me, but maybe it is to someone else?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA