BSA is spot on. Im fortunate to be retired so i travel around quite a bit hunting, fishing..... I dont shop the same gun shops all the time. But I figure about 1 out of 7 times i visit multiple shops in different parts of the state I will run across a good deal or multiple deals. Kind of like gambling I guess. you dont always win. Also cash is KING. The truly unique and rarer guns coming on the markets everyday just amazes me. I too have made some mistakes. I passed on a decent Rem 722 in 257 Roberts for 500 bucks. And I missed on a really nice all original 1953 model 70 FWT in 308 Win for 1080 out the door. The reason I hesitated was because I already had a 1954 in fantastic shape! Everyone gave me hell for not picking that one up. I am also constantly looking for pre 64 Mod 70 parts. That way I always have spare parts for rifles that might have the wrong/ altered stock or missing hoods,sights,swivels,worn floor plates.... The right stock really increases the value of these fine rifles and unaltered or uncut stocks are getting VERY hard to find. I absolutely love those alum/metal butt plates.