Originally Posted by BLR358WIN
BSA is spot on. Im fortunate to be retired so i travel around quite a bit hunting, fishing..... I dont shop the same gun shops all the time. But I figure about 1 out of 7 times i visit multiple shops in different parts of the state I will run across a good deal or multiple deals. Kind of like gambling I guess. you dont always win. Also cash is KING. The truly unique and rarer guns coming on the markets everyday just amazes me. I too have made some mistakes. I passed on a decent Rem 722 in 257 Roberts for 500 bucks. And I missed on a really nice all original 1953 model 70 FWT in 308 Win for 1080 out the door. The reason I hesitated was because I already had a 1954 in fantastic shape! Everyone gave me hell for not picking that one up. I am also constantly looking for pre 64 Mod 70 parts. That way I always have spare parts for rifles that might have the wrong/ altered stock or missing hoods,sights,swivels,worn floor plates.... The right stock really increases the value of these fine rifles and unaltered or uncut stocks are getting VERY hard to find. I absolutely love those alum/metal butt plates.

Me too buddy. The aluminum butt plate fwt is a favorite of a lot of peoples. I prefer the montecarlo stocks as well. The low comb is not great for scope use. Last march, a buddy and I was in a small town checking out the local gunshops and ran across a cool gunsmiths shop. The guy had so many old guns it would make your head spin. He had model 52's, 71's, custom pre 64's in every chambering. It was there that I found some olympic sights for my winchester model 52. He said he'd let me have them for $200.00. I ended up buying a beautiful like new fwt stock. He also had more pre 64 stocks stuffed away. I spotted the fwt stocks and he said I had a keen eye. I probably should have bought more from the old guy, but felt lucky walking out of his store with the beautiful all original aluminum butt plate montecarlo fwt stock.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA