Smitty. Take a few of those bullets and stick the nose into the muzzle. (Don't remember if I asked you to try that.) The ones I have are so darn loose they wobble. (Just checked them last night for splits and grins.)I think I'm going to try the process called "Beagling) to see if I can make the noses larger in diameter. That might cure the problem. The real bitch is now I have to melt down a full 3 pound coffee can full of those little buggers. cry I dunno why I didn't check that aspect out before. What does puzzle me is why all three molds have the same problem? I have an older Lyman #311291 that cast a perfectly sized nose, but the newer one I bought makes too small a nose and it rattles in the muzzle. Methinks Lyman may be trying to cut costs by using a cherry to cut the molds way too long. mad What hurts the most as the bullets are perfect to the eye, just too damned small in the nose area. Even the NEI mold makes too small a nose.
BTW, nose fit is one of the critical points toward getteg good accuracy from cast bullets. Only having a perfect base is more important and properly fitted gas checks usually takes care of that problem.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE