Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Not really worried about over gases from a recoil standpoint. The gun's gonna have near zero kick anyway. Just trying to wrap my head around making sure the gun is efficient, good for follow up shots, reliable cycling, while keeping things as simple as possible. Probably the same thing everyone wants 😀

Jake,

None of us here are really worried about over gassed from a recoil perspective. Over gassing a gun is unnecessarily hard on the gun. No reason to wear parts out prematurely, especially if these tools are needed for (heaven forbid) urban combat missions. Additionally, it's not so much about felt recoil, as a smoooooth system, one with a minimal amount and violence of movement withing the system. This greatly aids in maintaining a steady muzzle and minimizing split times on follow up shots.

If you want to see what I mean, start with a standard A2 bird cage muzzle device. Go shoot some targets offhand for time.

Then replace it with one of these:

https://www.primaryarms.com/vg6-precision-epsilon-compensator-1-2x28-epsilon556

And see what happens to your times.

While you're at it, run the same experiment off the sand bags, and see what happens to your muzzle dance between shots.

However, keep in mind, that the AR gas system is a SYSTEM. Any change, such as changing the muzzle device can necessitate other changes. As an example, if you system is properly balanced with an A2 bird cage and a Springco Blue spring and H1 or H2 buffer, with the improved break it's likely you will be back to standard carbine buffer and spring.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/09/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell