Originally Posted by 1minute
Troops:

Spoke today with a gentleman that piloted for High Adventure for 15+ years and had been in recent contact with the family. His version is the Beaver was climbing out of Longmere to cross Cook Inlet (west). The Aztec, flight planned for Anchorage (north), came out of Soldotna, initially headed east, and then did a 180 back to west. Evidence from the Beaver suggest it was clipped from behind and possibly below as the rear sections of both floats were prop sliced as was a detached portion of the Beaver's tail section. Given very limited debris fields, it appears both craft lost all flight capabilities and simply fell from the sky. One would think a Beaver would be outrunning an Aztec and not likely get clipped from behind, but my knowledge of a twin Aztec is zilch.

A second High Adventure Beaver was about 5 minutes behind with the balance of the family (dad and a son). They did not witness the incident, but were immediately concerned when unable to make contact with the first. High Adventure had 3 Beavers, and they are still flying the remaining in an attempt to fulfill contracts. They have a long long history in the area that I think dates back maybe to the 60's when the family patriarch initially came north from Corvallis, Oregon.

Hope the official details surface soon, but seems the Feds can take months or years to get their ducks in order.

Bad deal all around,

A beaver is awesome, but it ain't fast. It would be odd if the beaver was hit low and behind, as the Aztec is low wing and he should have had a good view if he climbed into him.
I would think the Aztec descended into the beaver, as the view underneath would have been obstructed.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.