Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Lol... most of those “bikers”, are make believe bikers that are senior citizens just pretending to be billy badasses.

You’d have to define “biker”, but if you mean 1%er, some say they don’t mind a large number of riders as it provides camouflage.

Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Originally Posted by DHN
Why are 1%ers "real bikers" and the other 99% are not?

If you trailer your bike you might not be a 1%er.

I’m obviously not a 1%er, but I believe its relatively common knowledge that 1% stood for the percentage of bikers that were outlaws. The first thing that comes to mind is a lot of places aren’t allowing 1-piece cuts of any kind in their bars/restaurants, so colors may have become a hassle to wear. The second thing is allegedly, a number of trailers and vans enter the area empty and leave full. People write that 1%ers sling meth and pimp hookers (don’t know, myself), but the old timers freely admit it was about living free, partying and building scoots, which meant getting parts...which meant liberating bikes from rightful owner. I wouldn’t entirely dismiss 1%ers driving trailers to Sturgis.

Originally Posted by ST50
That was a vibrating SOB and every time we stopped for gas had to tighten half the nuts and bolts .We slept in sleeping bags wherever,no tents ,wherever we could.You had to have had those old bikes to appreciate what they make now.

That’s what my dad said. Then he gave me the evo-powered 58 FL (in 2002) and I found out for myself. My girlfriend (now wife) and I lost a number of nuts, bolts and attachments. The engine always ran, but we were stranded several times. All character building, but I eventually got a Fatboy...and then moved on to the Road Glide.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates