JB,
Been there & done that in several prototypes. Still working on a couple of others. The problem for a lot of us as mentioned by AZshooter, the benches, public or private, are too short for both rests & rifle. Not criticizing your setup. Like DirtFarmer, it works well with your own manufactured shooting platform. Not all of us have that luxury.

Working specifically with Magneto Speed bayonets, all 3 generations, I have tried extra rifle rests, c clamp bases & T-Tracks for adjustability, fabricated attachments mounted to the rest feet & others. I want to provide something that will work well, be simple & cost effective. I am still theorizing. Recently stumbled upon the Masterpiece Arms Magneto Speed bayonet adapter & rod. I will be testing it out with my Masterpiece Arms stock soon. Then adapting it for my composite stock configurations. I’ve received some questionable stares at the range while testing some of my concoctions.

Eventually between all of us we will come up with a nearly fit all solution. I have yet been unable to interest the M-Speed folks in helping to champion the cause ultimately, although, they have helped me with a prototype. Maybe at some point they will see the need & provide some engineering.

Last edited by Reloder28; 08/14/20.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee