Originally Posted by Reloder28
The plywood I used was not well suited for the application. It was only a piece of scrap I had in the garage. Reckon it did not fit well enough to be captured by the points of the rest. Under recoil it kept working its way forward. Though the idea worked quite well my mind was awhir with better ideas on the way home. From there I moved on to other attempts at streamlining the process. May be I abandoned the best & simplest idea too early.....?

I am ate up with reinventing the wheel.

The objective for me is multiple targets abreast. Thus my MS needs to track with the pivot of the barrel. If I were shooting single page targets it would not be an issue.

RFLSHTR & I had the same idea. Ultimately I did not want to pack around a large plank. In hindsight, that may work out best. I started by tucking the rear edge of the board under the front of the rest. It never occurred to me to extend it to include the entire footprint of the rest.

I'd probably want my board more than 6" wide, maybe 12".

If a piece of plywood, I'd make sure it was at least 5/8", cut to fit the bench with enough overhang off the front to accommodate the free standing Magnetospeed. If it moved, one could apply a clamp or two such that it/they wouldn't interfere with shooting.

I don't see why something like that wouldn't work.

DF