Originally Posted by troublesome82
I have owned so many leather gloves it ain't funny. From stripping forms on a concrete job to firewood, to hunting camp to chores around the farm. Recently, I would go through two pair of gloves a month cleaning machinery at a tool and die factory. I buy the cheapest , best fit I can get and call it good. None of em last that long when one is gittin er done!

This is one of the reasons I've gone over pretty much to the Kevlar gloves they handed out at work for safety reasons. Although I love the feel of leather gloves when I'm working, I've found the synthetic gloves we got at work lasted longer, fit better and were more comfortable. Since they fit more snug on my hands I could do relatively fine work with them if I needed to and they are cut resistant, which I've proved a couple times at work by running a drill bit into them while running and it just wound up on the bit instead of penetrating and leaving a blood trail....
I've got a whole bag of them left over from the end of a job they were just going to toss in the trash, so I brought them home and use them for everything...

I think they're called Max Flex ...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.