Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by 11aaguilar
I also just got orders for Wainwright and should be there around January. What range options are there up there and/or are there public land spaces that most folks go to when they want to shoot? Really excited about going up north, not so excited about the 6-month long winters ha.

South Cashman range is good for 330 yard's, was out there pretty early yesterday and a cow (moose) walked across about the 270 yd line, pretty funny, 2nd time I've seen that. If you are at WW then you may have some range options available us civies cant use.

Haha good to know. I'm coming from El Paso, TX where within a 20 minutes drive you're in the middle of the desert and have 1000 yds in most directions that you can safely shoot. I feel very spoiled coming from there so I'm curious to see what Alaska has to offer.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 11aaguilar
I also just got orders for Wainwright and should be there around January. What range options are there up there and/or are there public land spaces that most folks go to when they want to shoot? Really excited about going up north, not so excited about the 6-month long winters ha.

May god have mercy on your soul...

I'm excited! Maybe I shouldn't be lol but I'm going up there with some good guys and I'm looking forward to the hunting and outdoors.