[/i]
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Thanks for looking at this! I’m assuming this is a QuickLOAD output? If I’m reading it right, the max CFE223 charge would be 65.7 gr for the given parameters?

Tannhauser,

Yes, the output is from Quickload. The table of various powders I provided is about 3% below SAAMI max to allow for variations in powder lots etc. Keep in mind, since a lot of Whelens were built on odd actions, the SAAMI specss are pretty low, at around 58K PSI. If your rifle's built on a strong modern action, you may have some additional room to play. As always, if you choose to play, do so carefully.

[i]Antelope Sniper.
Thanks VERY much for the time you spent running the quickloads data. I just wanted to point out that the SAMMI max for the 35 Whelen is actually 62,000 PSI. I believe the CIP max [i]is
[/i] 58,000 though. And I am thinking the new Speer and Sierra data that give such spectacular performance in the Whelen are approaching the 62K value. Your first table above indicates about 2950 FPS for a 62K load and that is consistent with what we're seeing from those publishers, and what I ended up with using Varmint with the 200 TTSX in the thread I linked to above.

Cheers, and thanks again,
Rex
EDIT: Sorry, accidently put all that italics in there and now I can't get rid of it!

[/i][i]

Last edited by TRexF16; 08/28/20.