Originally Posted by G46
I worked hard, Hard, HARD to get a honey load for my Rem 600 Carbine. 150's, 165's, 180's, 4064, BLC-2, Varget,, 4320...Nothing seemed to work worth a flip. Mucho money & time spent and wasted. Finally just did some stock work, free floated the barrel, glass bedded the receiver and finally got it to group instead of spray. Final load was a 180 gr Nosler BT, 40.5gr of RL-15, with Win brass & primers. 7/8" groups @ 2450fps out of a 18 1/5" barrel.

I put one in on the front left shoulder of a 140# 9pt buck, at 125 yds, and pulled the bullet out of it's right ham, just under the bulge in it's hide. 4 more went down with a single shot, dead , Flop.

It's a d@mn good load for a carbine at shorter ranges, but I retired the rifle and went to a 7mm/08 when I moved to a different state where the hunting conditions were different..

I have had three rifles in my life i never glass bedded Two Mossberg Patriot's that shot great as they came and a mod 70 Featherweight that also shot fine as it came. Every other rifle I've ever owned, bolt action, even if they shot well, glass bedding always improved them. Only exception was a Rem Mod 7 in 223 that simply would not shoot well!