Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
..... but if you call me for tech support, the first thing I do is look up your account, if you aren’t buying from us, enjoy your cheap part and broke machine.

That's one way to assure that you'd never get a dime of my business again and everyone I know would know about it. Keep that business practice up and eventually you won't have any, enjoy unemployment.

People who buy on price alone will always buy on price so really we were never going to get your business. My company pays for the r&d. Do you think that is free ? I can diagnose anything from hydraulic issues to electrical issues over the phone. I can mentally tear that machine apart in my head and tell you how to put it back together.
Do you think I work for minimum wage ? Fixing stuff in person is one thing, fixing over the phone through the eyes of someone that couldn’t spell PLC or hydraulics is a whole different level. Now add to that the language barrier. That cost has to be borne somewhere.

It’s kinda easy to charge half of what OEM price when you don’t have the Engineering and customer support Cost.

I see what you are saying. Expertise isn't cheap.

But not sure I agree with that business philosophy.

My equipment and tractor dealer parts dept. offers me an aftermarket part when looking up something I need. Not only that, but they tell me whether the aftermarket is as good as, or sub-par to the OEM part.

That difference can be several hundred dollars.

Love my dealer. Wish I'd started buying equipment from them several years ago.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!