Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Let’s see, guy on phone that knows what a door handle is for your 2000 GMC, OEM replacement cost $95.00 or spend $8.95 on aftermarket handle

https://www.amazon.com/Handle-Inter...&hvtargid=pla-682598551564&psc=1

Whose money do you want to spend? His or yours.

Nice try but not even close to the same scenario.

Be specific. $86.00 seems like a large disparity between OEM and aftermarket.

Nope it isn’t. I bought a brand new (not reman) Made in Arkansas aftermarket starter for a 04 Grand Cherokee for 65 bucks. Cheapest OEM remanufactured was 193.00 plus core. Big difference.

I am talking about support along with the part purchase. Call that place you bought the starter and ask them to spend 2 hrs on the phone to help you remove and replace it.
I have worked on these machines since 1993. When the customer talks to me, they know I am not reading out of a book. I have spent hours on the phone with a customer tearing apart the machine and helping them put it back together. I know everyone on here is a crack mechanic so that portion has little to no value. It cost the customer $160hr labor and 85/hr travel plus expenses for me to show up onsite. 8hr minimum if I get on an airplane. That comes out to about $3000-$3500 for one 8hr day onsite. To them, the phone support is factored into the part price and if needed, is well worth it.

And no, I don't work on commission. I am just an hourly employee.