Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

I am talking about support along with the part purchase. Call that place you bought the starter and ask them to spend 2 hrs on the phone to help you remove and replace it.
I have worked on these machines since 1993. When the customer talks to me, they know I am not reading out of a book. I have spent hours on the phone with a customer tearing apart the machine and helping them put it back together. I know everyone on here is a crack mechanic so that portion has little to no value. It cost the customer $160hr labor and 85/hr travel plus expenses for me to show up onsite. 8hr minimum if I get on an airplane. That comes out to about $3000-$3500 for one 8hr day onsite. To them, the phone support is factored into the part price and if needed, is well worth it.

And no, I don't work on commission. I am just an hourly employee.

Good for you, but the guy answering a phone for a part that is 10X the cost of the competition, isn’t worth the price of a cup of coffee. You must live in Fantasy Island if you think counter help makes any measurable difference. Most businesses today have such a ridiculous litany of phone prompts that a real person is as close as Mars. When you finally get that person, they are from Pakistan or Nigeria.

Pass me the aftermarket and hold the OEM.

So do you get help changing out that starter for the price you paid ?

LMAO, took 20 min to put it in. Works just damn dandy after 18 months.
What’s your specialty?
I worked on Siemens, GE Fanuc and AB. SCADA applications for water systems, high speed cartoners, film wrap, shrink wrap bundlers, conveyors, stretch wrappers and whole bunch of other sh*t someone else fugged up.
But thanks for the attitude.

No attitude here, just the way business works. I promise you, if I wasn’t courteous, polite to the customers, as well as knowledgeable, I wouldn’t have lasted 20 yrs and counting.

My life also revolves around unphucking things up. Sometimes it is in person, sometimes it is on the phone.

Machine repair , hydraulics, electrical 24vdc controls. AB , Siemens 3ph