If the boot is "waterproof" enough to keep out water it's going to be "waterproof" enough to keep in persperation. No matter what you do your feet are going to get wet. I wear whatever boot is comfortable and lightweight as fatigue is more of an issue than dampness to me.

Most of my synthetic boots have Gore-Tex or similar material but that is not something I look for. Leather boots get a treatment of Sno-seal as it helps protect against weathering. If it's fairly dry I wear two pairs of thin moisture wicking socks or if wetter a pair of the moisture wicks and a thin Gore-Tex sock. Doubling socks provides protection from blisters and abrasions which can be had with poorly conditioned leather boots. The Gore-Tex socks don't exclude moisture but it does ease in making it a little less noticeable at first. No matter what, I have at least one extra set up of socks to switch into at some point. Generally, that is the halfway point but if it is warm and sunny I'll switch socks when I switch dogs or hunting spots. Leave the worn pair someplace they get the sun so they can dry and I'll switch back into them at the next break. Depending on how wet the areas you are hunting, one can even dry wet boots out in a few hours.

Almost forgot- as mentioned tall boots and gaiters are very helpful too. They help shed wetness and debris as well as prevent fraying of pants cuff season and cuts and tears to the shins of both pants and legs. Keep extra laces or a length of thin par accord or leather handy as some gaiters clip onto the bottom of the laces to prevent the gaiters from ridining up. This clip can wear through laces if there is a rough edge. The laces can also be used to replace the strap that goes around the foot to hold the gaiters down when that wears out.

Last edited by woodmaster81; 09/02/20.