For most of my bird hunting I wear either a pair of Merrells (early season) or a pair of Under Armour boots. I these realize these are not traditional boots like Danners or the old green, Browning featherweights but for most of the bird hunting I do, they serve me well. The Under Armour deer stalker boots in particular, are exceptionally nice. They come in two weights with 400 or 800 gram thin-sulate and gore-text liners. The insoles have a very good arch, ankle and heel support and the boot's sole is is quite rigid and supportive as well. The outer shell of the boot is a leather and cordura blend, and they show virtually no signs of wear despite the fact that I have worn them for, 3 going on 4 seasons now. At the end of the day my feet are dry and not tired or sore from wearing ill fitting, leaky, water logged boots. Without a doubt, the Under Armour boots are the nicest, driest, lightest weight and comfortable boot I have ever worn and I would not hesitate to buy them again.
For what it's worth, I hunt in the very upper N.W. corner of ND and temperatures here are sometimes well into the sub-zero range while I'm hunting.