Originally Posted by roanmtn
Hi Ted. After the 30-06 case is expanded it must be fire formed in the 9.3 x 62 chamber. The bullet should touch the lands. This forces the base back onto the bolt face and assures that the case shoulder is formed farther forward than the 30-06 with no problems. Years ago I fireformed 50 cases that I used up for practice.

These cases were Winchester cases and they lasted forever as I only neck sized them with the cheap Lee Collet Die Set. The Lee Collet set has produced much, much better accuracy than any other dies of any other make for me. I have borrowed very expensive dies from buddies here in Johnson City, Tennessee. Those expensive dies have never produced better accuracy than the Lee Collet Dies in spite of their much cheaper cost. My 9.3 x 62 can place three bullets at 1/2 inch when I settle down and really concentrate using 286 gr Barnes X bullets. I used these components on my only once in a life time African hunt. I can't afford another trip. The first trip emptied my checking account. I had to be real careful with the 286 gr spitzers as they seemed to slip back into the cases.... so I was careful and carried them
with the cartridges pointing forward and not up or down. It all worked out just fine. The collet neck sizing die was not tight enough.

roanmtn....Glenn

Thanks for your reply, Glenn,

I have seated bullets out hard into the lands in several different cartridges to fireform, but it was many years ago. I now always try to expand the brass to larger than required, and then resize to get a crush fit in the chamber. Perfect chamber fit, with no excess headspace, and no fireforming needed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Can be loaded to fit the magazine, and have often hunted with the brass just as it comes from the dies.

My concern was that someone may think all one had to do was resize the '06 brass, load, and go.

Ted