Originally Posted by BC30cal
yukon254;
Thanks for the reply sir, I appreciate it.

This year I ended up having a couple pounds of IMR 4831 go "off" on me - turned that reddish color and was dusty, so anyways that was the powder for the 120gr TTSX load I was shooting in the Swede, so since I was changing the powder I also am trying some 120gr GMX just because! grin

While I am now highly suspect of my speeds, it "may or may not" be that the load I settled on with VV N550 is pushing them at 2930fps! laugh

Seemed snappy enough and when the shop in Surrey that had a Pro Chrono model that I'd like to get returns from their summer shutdown, well if the stars align I'll see what it's really doing, you know?

As this is the first season which I'm "semi retired or fully into trial retirement", I intend to walk the local mountains flat AND do so during the middle of the week! wink

Weekends will be reserved for ferrying our eldest daughter out to try to see if we can get some freezer protein for her to shoot as well.

I'm not super sure where one would look for an older Compact Leupold like that other than gunnutz - but I've had reasonable luck buying and selling on that site over the years.

If you're not on gunnutz and you'd like me to look for something there, by all means give me a holler/PM and I'd be happy to do that for you.

Think I'm waiting for the 4th scope since spring bought on there.... blush Oh, I should add that 3 of them were for shooting buddys!

Anyways sir all the best to you all again.

Dwayne

Dwayne, thanks for the information and the gunnutz idea. Yes I do go on there occasionally. Once I get the rifle I will weigh it and see if I got one of the lighter versions. I had a leupold VXR 2-7 with the firedot on one of the rifles I sent in as trade on the new one. I had it mounted in an EAW pivot mount. It was a nice scope but the 30mm tube made it a bit heavy for what Im looking to put together now. Funny how as we get older light and simple seems more appealing!