Originally Posted by Tejano
My lighter weight rifles mostly wear either 6x or 2.5-8x Leupolds and a Swaro Z3 but I recently purchased a 6x Meopta from Cameraland and am very pleased with it. It is not as light as the others but the optics are excellent, right up there with the Swaro or better. So 6x Leupold or even a 4X or the Meopta would be my choices. I am like some others and an all up weight of around 7 pounds is the best compromise for carrying and ease of shooting for me.

Other than a used scope the Meopta is the best deal around if Doug has anymore of the open box specials. For 300 yard shooting you do not need a $1,000 scope. I would only go with the Trijicon if you want an illuminated reticle of which the Trijicon is one of the best.

I have all those scopes and agree 99%. My 6x42 Meopta was a dog to sight in though. I took it off my 6.5CM and put on a 6x38 Weaver. The Meopta is still sitting in the cupboard. I'll try it again and hope that the adjustments were sticking a bit as it was new. I've always been a Leupold user but the little Swaro Z3 3-9x36 has to be about the best little hunting scope made IMO.

Last edited by Elvis; 09/09/20.