Originally Posted by iddave

A new front sprocket on about any bike made runs about $15 for anyone that wants lower gears.

A bike doesn’t need a built in rack to carry stuff btw. That’s what a pack is for. Here is my son when he was 12 packing a quarter form the first elk he killed. He was 12 in this photo and riding a CRF100.

Dave

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Kudos to your boy Dave.

one drawback to a pack load on your back..............raises the center of gravity. I can remember delivering papers and I'm sure glad I had a rack. 50 papers in those bags over my shoulders was no fun on the few times I had to walk the routed, and sure would have made me less stable jumping curbs and stuff on the old paper bike. I've always loved a good rack (pun intended)

Don't think I've seen anyone address a benefit of the step thru design either. I've had one knee replaced, have arthritis all through my lower back along with a couple of bulged discs and I'm sure it would be much easier to mount up on the step thru bikes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?