Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by PSH
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by gemby58
We sold truck loads of these in the late 90's when Kimber was trying to break into the rifle world.everyone that bought one said they were shooters. Bump for a good shooter

Fail. These were first converted in early 2005, prior to that, "Kimber" was not anything but rifles since the early 80s.

I got no dog in this fight, but I ran a pawnshop from 1987 to 1994 and I can remember seeing these in the gun rags that came in. Ramline stock and rebarrelled. Seems to me they came in other short action calibers, and I always thought it was dumb i didn't pick one or two up because they were cheap. I'm by no means a kimber expert, but it seems to me they left Oregon and went to NY prior to 2000. Regardless, nice lassie rifle.

I personally set up the facility where the conversions occurred in Colton Oregon. However, I partied a lot and my brain missed a decade. Indeed the conversions started early 1995. Sorry dudes

Its ok where all getting old lol, I just knew it was late 90's that I bought a truck load of these, I confirmed that by my hard bound book. The only thing I didn't like about these rifles where the ram line stocks, they even came with walnut stocks i think from [bleep] or Richards. I have a 22-250 with a walnut stock with a 26" fluted barrel from kimber, if I remember right it was a 1/2" shooter, havet fired it in 20 years. Counted how many I sold 681, thats a truck load