Originally Posted by cas6969
The brain child of Leslie Edelman IIRC, everyone else involved was not nearly as thrilled.

LOL

Although there were definitely dollar signs flashing in Greg and Jack's eyes!

Mentioned elsewhere. They pulled me from stock work to be a handyman to set things up for this Fall 94, back in the Colton facility that had previously been used for KoO expansion 88-91. Working along side Jack, the brains of the operation, is a cherished memory. He'd send me to Platt Electric to buy some chit and the electricians would be like WTF, you can't install that! I was pretty wild, 25, dude. Ol' Jack tig welded the bluing tanks himself. I never did hear of his demise but gotta figure so. He was producing, prototyping Warne Rings then in Clackamas. He liked that a vertical split allowed function with one less part than horizontal split rings. Helping Greg per usual. We were getting walnut dust all over his nrw CNCs and he was eager to move the Kimber of America woodshop to Colton as well.

That Riverside Fire is nipping at the heels of that old factory building which originated as a saw blade factory in the 50s.

For amusement. I originally got hired on, after all the other available locals, in 88 soon after moving back to the area. I would drive up FAST every day in my blown motor smoking oil leaking 63 Corvair asking for that boss guy as I couldn't remember the name Greg, dude. Eventually Greg, a fairly party friendly sort, took a liking to me and said I could help the landscape lady dig the koi pond. I was wild but hardworking. After a few days I was invited to join the SwingShift woodshop, where the two of us would work up 75 Govt 82 stocks a night so the third guy could go dink around on the machinery making special things. In a couple of months, onto dayshift making sporter stocks. The rest is history.

Bump

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/11/20.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?