Originally Posted by beretzs
So, I got one of the barreled actions inbound and was looking at McMillans. I have and use a bunch of the Sako Classic's on my Tikka's and like them a fair bit. I was thinking of going with the Sako Classic or a Sako Hunter, both will get the EDGE treatment. I don't really care about a couple ounces here and there with the rifle as it'll likely get topped with a 6 or 10X SS or maybe the 3x9 SS. I don't know what the contour is like on that barrel, but I'd assume it is #2'ish?

Anyhow, any thoughts on stocks?

I have them in sporters to bart 2b. Friends have them in #4 Brux. That’s all it will take but is fine with it. High quality rifles as far as I’m concerned and I couldn’t care less that someone thinks a McMillan is too expensive for it. If these shoot as well as my other vanguards it will get a mcmillian. Since photobucket changed I don’t know how to post pictures but I’d be happy to text them to you when I get back home. I won’t give you some bs about not taking pictures because I know what my stuff looks like.....lol. That could be the stupidest thing I’ve read on the fire in a long time. I know what my daughters look like too but I take pictures of them.