Originally Posted by Pappy348
Dunno, but better find out before you pull the plug. You might find out it's better to keep working lest all your semi-retired pay goes for insurance. If you're healthy, look into a HSA.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...pth/health-savings-accounts/art-20044058

Also, if you're planning on drawing your SS now, there's a limit on your earned income before you reach your full retirement age, which might be 67 or even more.

+10 you gotta know right where you are at before you pull the plug. Everyone here has made valid points. I retired at 65 and 2 months my full retirement age was 66 2 months so took a 1 year deduct from SS to retire early. Like every other single guy in the country that isn't rich you simply can 't go till 65 and can get your Medicare that you have paid for all your working life. You still have to pay for part B, G, D to be covered as good as you need. At the point 3 months in advance of your 65 th b-day you sign up for part A after that depending on your exit date you choose and sign up for the others. The only thing I would advise on the "G" supplement is you will have every dick insurance agent in the country trying to bend you over. All the "G" plans are the SAME but what you pay is different. You have to look at what they do to your premiums as you get to 75-80 some are cheap now and the get damn expensive later. Some cost a little more now and do not double later. Some of you guys can still hear birds sing, I can't hear [bleep]. Last thing in the world I need is to try to listen to some high pitched insurance bimbo with a foreign accent on the telephone who speaks at 500 words a minute and gusts to a 1000. Which is exactly why I paid 25 bucks more a month to buy blue cross/blue shield from my local agent where I get my vehicle and homeowners ins. So I can sit right there across the desk and talk to my agent to her face and not have to struggle to communicate my needs and get answers to my questions that I can hear and understand. Cost me right at 330 bucks a month $4000 a year for just me. Go to some retirement seminars and take someone with if you can't hear see where you are at. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "