Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by oldcuss
You should try Medi-share- Phone is 866-963-9572. It is a
Christian health care plan and the prices are certainly right.

What's a "Christian health care plan"? Do you have to tithe back to them?

Theses plans can be a real benefit and I can vouch for Liberty Healthshare. The monthly cost is far less than regular insurance but the expectation is that you are not a smoker and work to maintain a healthy body. You need to actively manage the bills and help look for lower cost items when it comes to prescriptions etc. you need to remember that others are helping pay your bills as you are helping them. Medical providers will treat you as a self pay or private insurance. Major bills will take some time to resolve as the large insurance providers don’t like cost share groups and a HC providers won’t give you the same rate as BCBS.... Liberty has a advocate group the negotiates disputed costs and my experience has been that everything gets resolved but it takes time. Some times you get a collections call but they always get resolved. If you need an MRI on something, go to an independent imager pay cash, submit and get most if not all back. Example head scan at hospital outpatient can be 4K, independent or one outside a metro area can be $600 paid on the spot. Of course if it’s an emergency then you take it as it comes.

I ran numbers for insurance and you’re 20k into it before you get a benefit. Health share runs $400/mo with 2k deductible per year. They have been there for me and my wife having experienced eye surgeries and stage 4 cancer treatments.

What runs HC costs up is the corporate plans that allowed everyone to go to the doc anytime and not care about the costs, Then the providers are having to also provide low rates for Medicare and they take it from the corporate plans. Little guys as in self employed etc... get squeezed. O Care tried to level the field in a f’d up way and allowed insurers to stick it to self employed unless you got a subsidy or vote buying gift....

Pre O care BCBS major medical was $136/mo with 5k deductible. Same policy after O care, $900/mo with a 10k deductible. Or go gold and pay $2,300/mo with no deductible. Do the math = same screwing....if trump didn’t help blow up Ocare, those of you with great corporate plans were going to get your employers portion of your healthcare premium tacked on to your W2 income because “it’s noT fair” for some to have a good plane etc....... not that you worked hard to earn and market allowed it.......

I choose Healthshare, eat healthy, exercise, manage resources, and shop care and do just fine.

When I go, Liberty will gets Some of the estate as it goes to help good people. You don’t need to be a religious zealot to joint one, just be a good human....

Hope this helps