Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by shaman
There was a scam going around. Some doc was said to be easy on getting you the paperwork necessary for claiming full disability. All you had to do was go in and claim you'd been having thoughts of suicide. $600/month for life. There was only one catch as some folks found out: When you went to buy your next firearm, you'd be rejected. Somebody had forwarded your name to the BATF. That boiled a lot of guys' bunnies.

Me? KYHillChick and I tried to get on Obamacare in late 2016. The first month's premium was north of $5K. Luckily this was just to tide us over until my new employer's healthcare plan kicked in. I only was on it for 2 months.

Who DaFugg can live on 600 a month? Damn people are stupid.

That plus what you can make on cash-only jobs is a living if you're in one of the poorer counties. What I saw when I was traveling down there often was that folks would band together and call themselves a family, and spool their checks. Doing so opened themselves up for other forms of welfare. My best friend down there had "wife," a "daughter" and a "grandson." I didn't know until he died that none of them were actually related to each other. Within a month or so of his passing, they just melted away, leaving Fingerhut wondering. My buddy died of brain cancer that lasted 2 years and never paid a dime in healthcare. This ain't stupidity by any stretch.

I was grousing to Buddy Joe one day about not being able to find a job. His reply, "You're a smart man. Your problem is that you haven't learned how to get your check. "

I am glad your buddy suffered immensely

Karma will come knocking at your door. Enjoy your ride.