While feeling great sadness and severe loss, I am sorry to write that one our Campfire's best fellows, Ben Brown (mudhen) passed away this morning after hospitalization for a sudden health crisis. Our hearts go out to his lovely wife Crystal, daughter Donelle, grandchildren Jace and Jocelyn - all of whom we have met and much enjoyed in connection with our SW Campfire gatherings - and also to others of Ben's family and wide circle of friends.

Ben has been a gentle, soft-spoken, deeply learned and wise influence in so many of our endeavors and interactions, and sorely we will miss his generous spirit, his sharing of broad experience and the constancy of his big heart. For certain, others here who have shared time and experiences with Ben will amplify his goodness.

Maddy and I left Las Cruces early this AM, headed home on the last brief leg of a two-week journey through the midwest and, as we passed the exit on I10 that leads to Animas, NM, I thought about Ben and Crystal quite a bit and vowed that soon we would take a drive to the Chiricahuas and to visit them. Little did we know.

So sorry.
PDW

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron