I cannot even conjecture on Sweden and Finland, as have ot hunted there. But have hunted in Norway, with a bunch of average guys who worked for a silicon-chip factory along the coast. They had access to company lands.

By far the most common rifle was a cheaper version of the Remington 700 that I gathered was made for sale in Europe. The most common chambering was .308, though there were also some .30-06's. One guy carried a "sporterized" 98 Mauser in 8x57. Did not see a 6.5x55, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. Saw an older Sako or two.

Most of the scopes were a cheaper Euro brand called a Nikko, as I recall. Saw a Tasco or two as well, but none of the more expensive scopes such as Leupold or Swarovski.

Ammo tended toward Norma and Remington. There were also a couple of more obscure European brands that I hadn't heard of and haven't seen since. Several of the guys were handloaders, and used Norma or Nosler bullets. Both were available from local gun shops.

Visited a couple of gunshops and found about the same selection. In Bergen I saw the very first box of Swift A-Frames that I'd even seen in a store: 400-grain .416's!

This was 10 years ago, so things may have changed. And the guys I hunted with were definitely wokring-class.

JB

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck