I should try and answer some of the specific questions that you have asked.
Even though I'm a great fan of the 308win (after all I have trained at lot of soldiers in the use of that chambering ;)) the results of the surveys does not support the statement that the 308 win beats the 30-06 and 6.5x55 in average shots required as well as distance travelled. Actually both the surveys give the 308 an edge in distance traveled but it required a few more shots to get that edge.

Regarding the 358 Norma, that's a chambering that I have used in the past and one that I reckon to be a extremly effective chambering for big game. Unfortunately it has not been loaded with premium bullets in the factory offering until the last years and the poor performance of the factory loading has lead to the current situation where the 358 Norma mag is more or less a handloaders cartridge.

Knifes carried by Swedish hunters is a subject of its own but generally hunters here prefer a droppoint knife a la Loveless with a blade that's 3-4 inches.

About my english I have got some opportunity to train it both as an officer working together with english speaking colleagues and in recent years in my civilian career in international business. All Swedish kids learns english in school and most also learns a third language (german, french or spanish being the most popular).

Best Regards,
Henrik