Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by victoro
How far can you drive before you have to call a tow truck to come get you?

We drove 101 miles out today, and 101 miles back home. I was sweating that battery charge, when we got home it had 8 percent charge left. This is with little A/C on a 68 degree cloudy day. On a sunny 93 degree day that A/C is going to cut that mileage, no doubt. So, best case you better not plan to go over 200 miles.
Brother is disappointed in the cruising range as Tesla claims it will go 300 miles.

However, so far, that is the only disappointment as this vehicle is fast, quiet and smooth. Very well designed controls and easy to drive. Very sporty car I would love to take it out on some twisty mountain roads.

And how long does it take to come back to full charge on 240v on an almost empty charge state.

I wired up a 4-wire 240v receptacle, just a clothes dryer receptacle that we bought at Lowes for $15. Bought 25 feet of 10-3 with ground plus a 240v breaker, and I wired it up in his carport.
This will charge it up from nothing to full charge in 13 hours. This is what he charged it up with last night.
The car comes with a big vaginal receptical, like Oprah.