I think that you are going to start seeing these highway rescue vehicles, like from AAA, packing a generator that will crank out 220 volts. All Teslas come with a 220 cord, as with my brother's car I just wired up a 220 volt dryer receptacle in his carport. The Tesla cord plugs right in and it charges, one hour gets you about 21 miles of travel.

All Teslas come with a big tv screen right in the middle of the dashboard. No gauges front and center in the middle of the steering wheel like on your Ford. You want GPS you get it on the big tv screen.
You want to adjust your mirrors, you do it on your tv screen. Want to see remaining battery life? TV screen. Want to see your speedometer. It is on the TV screen.
It is the 21st Century, Boys! This ain't a '57 Chevy Bel Air!!

And on your GPS it gives the locations of all the Tesla charging stations.
So, say you are headed to Hickory NC from Asheville and you run out of juice on I 40, ten miles away from the charging station in Hickory.
You call AAA. You are parked on the shoulder of I 40. Now, the tow truck could just load you up and drive you to the charging station.
Or, they could hook you up to their generator. In a 45 minute charge, you would have enough power to get to the charging station.

Or else, they could load up the Tesla, and plug it in to the charger, and drive to the charging station. That way, when they got to the Motel 6 or wherever the charging station is, they roll the Tesla off of the tow truck and he would have enough juice to drive himself over to the charging machine.

There is a saying that, "If you can imagine some thing happening, somebody else has already done it."
And this problem of a Tesla down and out of juice on the shoulder has already happened, many times I am sure.