Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I love that rifle. Who did the custom work for you. Very nice.

I did the reshape and refinish. I cut the stock to look more like a vintage, long tang Marlin, reshaped the comb, setting it back a bit.

I sent the wood to Errol Case in MO to execute a vintage pattern, which he did. He does great work and is reasonable. https://casecustomgunstocks.com/

I used Custom Pro Oil from Brownells, a tung oil/urethane finish that's super tough.

The Wild West trigger is a big improvement. This gun had been set up with tang sights, but my eyesight is beyond that. So, I mounted this scope I already had lying around the shop.

Here it is with a companion Marlin 39, set up for CAS work. It actually looks better set up like this, but my vision dictates the glass. The 39 also now wears a scope, a 3-9x40 CDS set up for Fed 38 gr. GameShok, a great hunting round. My son is selling the Marble tang sights on EBay.

Interesting modification on the 39. See photo for a trigger stop which works great. I drilled and tapped for a set screw as you can see. It's the best trigger I've ever felt on a 39. Feels more like an Anschutz trigger than a 39 Marlin.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]