Originally Posted by Pappy348
Condolences.

For a long time I benefitted from the generousity of a good friend who gave my family free, unfettered access to the property he owned. All things come to an end, however, and that sort of arrangement is largely a thing of the past. Even paid access to private land is tough to find here, but fortunately we are blessed with many large and small public tracts, one only about 15 minutes away. Not likely I'll kill any Booners there, but the woods are very nice, and I can make meat. I have some stands tucked into good spots, which so far haven't been futzed with, probably because they're a mile from the parking lots, and also because they're secured.

This year, I'm somewhat concerened about the possibility that pressure will be a lot higher with so many people off work because of the Plague, but we shall see. I'm also considering hunting at a preserve or lodge, if I can find one, in hopes of getting a big one.

Good luck finding a new place. I've heard public access in TX is limited, but it can't hurt to check into that.

I hunt public land a lot and am thinking the same about increased pressure this year due to so many people out of work. I have a 5 thousand acre state forest 2 miles up the road I normally hunt quite a bit. After the first week, there's usually not many other hunters in a normal season.