Been looking at an elk-capable gun. I have pretty much decided that a 280 AI will fit the bill for what I need. I don't have an unlimited budget to work with. I was looking at options, and for 400 bucks I can Buy an Axis II. For 450 I can get one with a stainless barrel. I could probably swing a Kimber hunter for 750. But got to thinking, what does that extra 300-350 get me? 2 inches longer barrel would be nice, but is it worth that? I know many on here knock the Axis, but fact of the matter is most of those shoot pretty well for being a budget gun. Plus the Savage comes with bases and the Kimber does not. So in my mind I am trying to see if I am justified in spending that extra money for the Kimber. So again, what actually does the extra money get me? How would I be happier with a Kimber?

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.