Originally Posted by Pharmseller
My stainless T3 in 7mm Rem Mag is an elk killing machine. 24” barrel, light, accurate, easy on the shoulder with a Limbsaver.

P

May have to look into that again. I tried a 7mm mag for a yr or so, and absolutely hated the recoil. It was a sharp jab in the shoulder, and I could not get used to it. Send it down the road. But in thinking back, I had several strokes against me. First the LOP was too long for me. I have shorter arms, and need 13 1/4 or 13 1/2. SO fit was bad. Plus it was the first I tried loading for a higher recoiling gun. Before that I was used to my 260. This was a lot more. But since then I have reloaded some more rifles that were a bit higher recoiling. A 45-70 with a 420 grain bullet at 1600 fps. and a 358 winchester with a 230 grain cast at 2200. Again, not in the 7mag levels, but I have gotten fairly comfortable shooting those, so I think I may be fine with a 7mag. I just need to try one again.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.