I don't crimp the rifle brass shown nor do I own any crimp die for it. I do crimp revolver brass, but with a dedicated crimp die, not the resizing dies. It is the bullet seater that has a crimp built in, but I don't use that, in fact I use a seater that does not have a crimp.

I think trimming brass for uniformity can be a good thing, but I'm wary of trimming necks on bottle-neck rifle brass excessively short. As long as they're not touching the end of the chamber, and they're all the same, the longer the better. It is, after all, what holds the bullet in position prior to launch. As it is, it would have to stretch fifteen thou before it would be too long. The Starline brass comes new from the factory about eight thou under the SAAMI maximum spec and my used brass is fifteen thou under after several firings, resizings, and chamfering. Therefore, I am not inclined to trim it even shorter.

I suspect more people will find their case mouths rolled in if they look. Whether they're rolled or not, photograph them and show them here for the sake of discussion.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 09/21/20.