I have a separate body die to bump the shoulder. My bushing die is neck-only. I do intend to try to use both the neck bushing die and the collet die to the best effect. I'm not sure I understand how the collet die could size the necks to a specific diameter. That is the virtue of the bushing die. I suspect the collet die will squeeze the necks down on to a mandrel that results in a bit too small an ID, but maybe it will be just right. I would have to enlarge the mandrel somehow to have it two or three thou over the goal diameter. I considered using the Sinclair mandrel die and carbide mandrels, but these don't give the concentricity benefits of the collet die. So I rather expect to get the concentricity and uniform neck wall straightness from the LCD, and I will have to see if I can find any benefit to using the bushing die. It seems it would have an obvious benefit if my chamber wasn't expanding the necks so far so that the bushing did not need to squeeze them down more than 0.005", and if the necks were already concentric and turned. Perhaps I will find a benefit to it even with fewer criteria, even if it is only that it works the brass less when I use it every other or every 2nd and 3rd resizing. I just annealed all the necks on my used brass today. I had not done that until now, and some of the brass has been reloaded four or five times.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 09/22/20.