Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
These type movies have always been one of my favorite genres. There are all types of them-- from monsters to zombies, from aliens to natural disasters, from nuclear war to collapse of the environment.
There's the Mad Max movies, Book of Eli, Contagion, Planet of the Apes (original), Walking Dead (and other zombie movies), 12 Monkeys, Terminator series, The Road.
Then there's comedy ones like Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead.
And musicals...... like Anna and the Apocalypse.

Wondering, What are some of your favorite movies in this general genre. Many of the ones I mentioned, I liked.

Saw one about 6 months ago that was really different than any I had seen. I really liked it, watched it twice.

it is called "The Domestics". Catch it if you're able.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

You covered a lot of the best picks from the genre. The Road is probably the hardest for me to watch and it is documented that it left out of the movie several of the worst moments from the book.

The only one I will add is Maggie. Kind of fits into the pseudo post-apocalyptic role about as well as some of the other ones on your list but is a zombie movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. This is not the typical action and guts zombie movie...very different and probably one of Arnie's better ACTED movies that I can recall from his career.