I tried to have a relationship with my half brother (dads side). He is just sorry though, He did 24 years in military and is broke. He moves from one relative to the other until he uses them up. He hit my mother up to cosign on him a 4200sq ft house because his real mother wouldn't do it. Things went pretty sour after that. Anyway, his wife died a couple years ago and I guess he got a pretty good pay out and we haven't seen him since. He used to love to come up with his family once a month while my parents paid for their dinners and took the grandkids out shopping. Last time I talked to him I invited him and his new wife up to go to a concert in atlanta, i drove, bought tickets, etc. He never thanked me, never hung out with me at show, never offered gas money....whatever....

I have no relationship with my father, hes a narcissist, bipolar to boot....he's living out of motels to my knowledge. He's perfect according to him and has never done anything wrong in his life. He downgrades everyone in order to build himself up. It sucks, i see posts on sites like this and have friends who have great relationships with their fathers....and I just cant have one. He'll never sit in a deerstand with his grandkids, fish, etc...but thats the way he wants it.