Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
- - - - - - - What we so desperately need is not another agenda-driven zealot but a Constitutionalist who examines each issue before her compared to the intent of the Founding Fathers and their written words. That's why the Supreme Court was created, and exactly the way it must be maintained.
This is the case - what we need - the guidance of our democratic republic is weakened, for all citizens, when narrow thinking ideologues are placed in the judiciary. The accurate and focused application of the principles stated in our Constitution is not served by limited minds and tight biases.

There seems to be some strange thinking in this thread - as if our legal decrees and government should be tailored to MY wants and biases - even at the same time I am complaining based on my perception that others, with whom do not agree, are getting things THEIR way - and where does that kind of thinking and behavior lead an organization? And, our government IS an organization, whether or not we may think so.

Somewhere in all of this humanly fuss we seem to have buried the concept of principle.

Fair play is only possible(1) among white folks. All the other folks are playing for keeps. Time white folks did, too.

And speaking as a recovering yankee, we lost our republic some time during the civil war.

(1) White & white normative supremacy culture: Necessary but insufficient condition for things like fair play, rule of law, and other nice things.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers