BW, I won't mention the load here in general population.. but its been years ago, but someone asked what was the max velocity one could safely get with a 200 grain bullet, out of an 06.. that kinda stuff interests me, and I have the most fun at the reload bench figuring out questions like this...

so I notice max pressures out of an 06, with 4831, where kinda low compared to other load data with other powders... so I picked that powder ( in the Short Cut version), and worked up, using my old 1917 Winchester built Enfield...with a 26 inch barrel...

What the chrono told me, was real surprising, and the brass showed no pressure signs.. same 10 pieces of brass loaded over and over... I posted the results here on the campfire, and was flamed all the way to the moon and back.. several times.....Peope were cursing my wife, kids, the dog, My Mother Wears combat boots etc.... add the famous old standby from the All KNOWING.." did you professional pressure test that info on Expensive Professional 100K Lab Test Equipment???".. nope, I was short a Lab and a 100K.. so no....

The someone can on the campfire and actually defended my posting and info.... his name was Mike...so the ALL KNOWING crowd hit him with the same questions...and he said that actually yes he did.... and left a phone number to call him if anyone wanted to talk to him... Area Code 541.. right here in Oregon....and I guess those guys did call him... being mad I was posting stuff that you won't find in a load manual...

So I called Mike at the number he had given here... the Receptionist answered the Phone: " Nosler Bullets, How may I direct your call?".... We talked... right after that, the thread itself quickly became page 3 in about 4 to 6 hours...and then disappeared into the archives...

With 4831 SC, and a light crimp... you can exceed 2700 fps out of an 06 with a 200 grain bullet, by quite a bit...

Mike was the one he gave me the expression, you can't get enough 4831 into an 06 case to exceed SAAMI specs...so I gather as Nosler's Chief Ballistician at the time, he might know what he was talking about...

just passing it on, if you are chasing velocity potential with that bullet in that caliber....and in my old Enfield with an original factory 1918 made barrel, the accuracy was right there....so no worries there... I also duplicated the same results with a 1990s Model 70, a 1970s Model 700, an early 1990s A Bolt, same results with brass having no loose primer pockets after 5 to 10 shots with the same load...and using standard Large Rifle Primers.. any major brand readily available...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez