Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I'll be packing a 30-06 with 200gr Partitions over H4831 doing exactly 2600 at least some of the time this year. It shoots so well, into 3/4" over and over again, that I don't mind the "slow". It will do just fine at any sane range, and holdover is just a number.

Next year I'll try R-26 for the same Partitions, but it won't be needed. Just gotta play.

I'm running H4831 in my 308 Norma magnum and it runs right at 2,800 fps. Thats using more powder than the ol 06, with not a whole lot more gain. My IMR4350 load in my 06 averages 2,600 fps, and I've killed deer and elk with it and have never found a bullet. Always get complete penetration. I like that load because its pretty mild mannered. I've also shot quite a few 200gr partitions in my rifles because about 5 years ago, SPS had a sale on them for $13.45/bag, so I bought 500 bullets (10 bags). Now I'm getting low on them and I wished I would have bought 1000 instead!!!! Now they are $23.45, but in stock for you guys wanting to buy some...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This rifle used to be a 30-06, but I had it rechambered to 308 Norma...^^ It still likes that 200 gr partition too.. I'm also interested in what seafire posted. I may try H4831 in the 06 as well. Its a great powder that works well in many cartridges, so I always have some on hand..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA