I had a huge yellow lab that never showed any aggression to other dogs or people. However, if another dog ever jumped on him that dog soon regretted that decision. Old Jake could fight and had the size to settle a dog dispute. I hunted with a guy who had two black labs that were aggressive from the moment we hit the field. At the end of the first push when we all came together one of his dogs jumped on Jake and the other dog joined in. Jake whipped them both and while really giving the main dog a good ass kicking the guy ask me if I was going to break it up. I told him my dog didn't start it but I sure as hell was going to let him finish it. Afterward Jake made a circle around the trucks and stopped and pissed on the guy's shotgun while it was leaning against a back tire of the his truck.

Another time I was hunting with a guy in Kansas who was running his Brittney with us. Again, at the end of the first push while watering the dogs his dog grabbed Jake by the face. Jake didn't take long to reverse that situation and begin shaking the crap out of his dog and tossing it down into about a 10 foot deep ditch filled with tumble weeds. After both of these incidents we had no more dog fights. A big, rough strong lab is a good solution to another guy's aggressive dog.

My current dog is a smallish female GSP. I have mostly hunted her alone. However, a couple of years ago on a family and friends dove hunt my uncle brought his female lab. We were all gathered up drinking coffee and waiting for shooting light and his dog jumped on my dog. I usually let dogs fight for a bit as they are rarely serious and usually settle the dominance issue after the first scuffle. However, this time every time my dog and his came together his dog jumped on mine and my pup would try to run between my legs. One of those attacks resulted in some facial cuts on my dog. He never disciplined his dog. I finally put my pup up at the end of the hunt to stop the BS. Fast forward a few weeks and I show up for another hunt and see him and his dog. Before I even let my pup out of the dog box I go cut a 4 foot long heavy switch. I let me dog out and his charges up to us growling at my dog. My dog ran to my side. When his dog got in good range I hit it as hard as a I could across the head and down its back. When it yelped and turned to run I gave it another one across the back and butt. He didn't like it, but didn't say anything. No more problems the rest of that day. Fast forward a year and we are back on another family and friends dove hunt. Our dogs come together and my dog is on guard. However, his dog just smelled my pup and went on her way. I would normally not correct another guy's dog, but if they fail to control their dog and allow it to harm mine I will knock the crap out of it.