I'm ust an average guy that enjoys fly fishing. I don't have big bucks(73 living on SSand and some VA disability.). I started fly-fishing 60 years ago tossing poppers under trees on the Milwaukee river, bass and panfish. In college bought a 7" Eagle Claw 5wt and flunked out of college chasing brookies and hunting grouse around Stevens Point, WI. I've caught a lot of bass and pan fish over the years on poppers and foam bugs and about 30 yrs ago graduated to a 9' 5wt and a 9' 7wt graphite rods. I ust spent a few days catching bass in the lower Rio Gran on small poppers and small foam bugs, had a ball. I usually spend a week in northern WI chasing large northern pike and big bass all that was with casting gear but would love to try big bugs, large poppers on a floating line and big streamers on a sink tip over the weed beds.

I'm thinking I need a larger rod I see a plethora of 8, 9 and 10 wt rods out there from 9-10 ft. I think a 8wt would not be a big enough increase over my 7wt so kind of narrowed it to a 9 or 10 wt and a 9 or 10" rod. I'm looking at the Maxcatch Predator line of rods.

Thanks
erich

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders