Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
What do you interrupt as being easy? Over the Counter? Chance of filling tag? Price of tag?

Personally I would stay out of CO. Not going to say it's a bad place to hunt elk, but there is a lot of pressure on them there. Both hunting pressure and people pressure in general. If you can afford it a New Mexico Landowner tag can be an easy Tag. I killed my first Elk in NM on a LOT. But it was more than a few years ago and the price at the time was not bad. Might not be the case anymore.

Just as it says - the ability to get an elk tag - cow mainly. The rest is up to me. Price is not a concern but I dislike an orange-clad tennis shoe hunt. Been hunting off a NM
ranch for 21 years now with 100% success on a combo of cows and bulls. Just checking out CO, WY and MT. as an option.

Easy could mean over the counter, could mean landowner tags, but here is your answer from Rio7

Texas, all you need is a Texas hunting Lic. , no draw, no Elk Tag required, very few hunters, free range, contact local ranchers thru TPW, there's some big bulls in West Texas. Thank me later. Rio7

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.